Values – how we create value
- Improve our farms.
- Applies to health and safety, the environment, animal welfare and communities.
Pragmatic and robust.
- Adopt solid, proven technologies and solutions.
- Simplify systems and processes to be agile yet resilient.
- Timely decision making, fiscally prudent, transparent.
Keep getting better.
- Grow our shareholders, staff and sharemilkers – their skills, wealth and as people.
Mutual trust and respect.
- Between us, our staff and sharemilkers.
- With regional councils, goods and service providers.
- Leads to collaboration and sensible conversation.
DFNZ is a signatory to the United Nations-backed Principles for Responsible Investing association (PRI). PRI is a network of international investors working together to put the six Principles for Responsible Investment into practice. The principles reflect the view that Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance (ESG) issues affect the performance of investments and therefore must be given appropriate consideration by investors.
With regards to investment in farmland, PRI have issued 5 points of guidance:
- Promote environmental sustainability
- Respect labour and human rights
- Respect existing land and resource rights
- Uphold high business and ethical standards
- Report on activities and progress towards implementing and promoting the principles
DFNZ considers these points of guidance convert naturally into the values we adopt.