DFNZ is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy work environment.
For staff, sharemilkers and contractors.
Farms can be exciting but dangerous places. DFNZ focuses hard on ensuring facilities are safe for sharemilkers and contractors, and reviews sharemilker policies and procedures to ensure they match our safety culture:
- DFNZ identifies and controls hazards
- DFNZ communicates and trains staff and sharemilkers
- DFNZ ensures all employees are informed of emergency and evacuation procedures
- DFNZ records all incidents and accidents, and takes all practicable steps to prevent recurrence
- DFNZ inspects sharemilker records to monitor health and safety issues
DFNZ maintains a comprehensive Health & Safety Risk register. Standard operating procedures for hazards are grouped into one of these categories:
- Hazards best managed according to industry best-practice (eg. HazardCo).
- Hazards best managed by the sharemilker, via individual on-farm standard-operating-procedures and leadership.
- Hazards best managed via DFNZ’s own policies, where we have set a high standard for compliance (eg. firearms).
DFNZ supports and reviews sharemilker activities regarding health & safety risks and management.